by: Chris Bibey. Online Poker Articles Feed.
Is it your dream to make a living by playing online poker? If so, you are not the only one with these high aspirations. After all, does it get any better than earning a living without ever leaving home? Not to mention the fact that you can do it by playing poker;
Make a Living with Online Poker
one of the greatest card games in the world.
But before you can earn a living with online poker, you will need to know a few things. If this were easy to do, everybody in the world would be taking advantage of it. Even if making a living playing online poker is hard to do, it is not impossible. If you put your mind to it you may be earning online sooner than you ever thought possible.
Take a look at the following details so that you can make a decision as to if online poker is right for you.
1. You need to know what games are right for making a living online. When it comes down to it, some poker games are more profitable than others. In addition, poker tournaments also come in different variations. Your best bet is to research each different type of game, and then make a decision as to which one will give you the best chance to maximize your profits.
2. Take your personality into consideration. Do you like to play long games that take a lot of patience? If this sounds like you, a big tournament may be the best choice. But at the same time, if you are an impatient player, tournaments are not the best option to consider. Some tournaments can take several hours to get through; especially if you are winning!
Taking your personality into consideration is very important. It may take some time to do this, but after you are aware of your style you should be able to make good playing decisions.
3. In addition to knowing what games are right, you need to also know where to play them. In other words, not every online poker service is the same. There are some services that offer better games and tournaments than others. Unfortunately, it may take you a bit of time to figure out where these games are. Remember, there are many online poker services available. Check out each one before you decide what is best for you.
4. Learn your style and strategy and then stick with it. To make a living playing online poker you need to have a strategy that you can rely on hand in and hand out. Even if your strategy starts to fail you a bit, you need to have confidence in it. But this is not to say that your strategy has to stay the same forever. As you get more experience your strategy can change to adapt to your playing style.
5. Set a budget before you decide to sit down and play. This should do two things for you. First off, a budget will tell you when to quit if you start to go on a losing streak. At the same time, a budget can also be used in order to keep you in order if you start to win a few hands in a row. No matter if you are winning or losing, having a budget in place will go a long way. This is particularly important if you are trying to play online poker as a full-time job. The worse thing you can do is blow all your profits for the month because you do not know when to sign off.
6. When do you play your best poker? Do you win the most money when playing at night, or in the morning? For some people this is a key to success. Simply put, they play better at night because it is more quiet, or in the morning because they feel fresh. You may not have a preference, but if you do be sure to go with the flow. If something is working for you in this department there is no reason to stray away from it.
7. Just like a nine to five job, you need to take playing online poker seriously. This means that you need interrupted time to play. If you want to play online poker for a living, you need to put the time into it. Set aside several hours each day where you can concentrate solely on playing.
Not everybody is cut out to make a living with online poker. You may be ready to take your game to this level, or you may not. But one thing is for sure. You will never know if you can make a good living at online poker until you give it a shot. For this reason, follow the seven details above, and give it a try. Who knows, you may make more money playing online poker than you ever did at your nine to five job.
© Copyright 2006 Online Poker Hangout This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Sun Palace Casino offers great bonuses and promotions
[ Back ]