by: Chris Bibey.
Have you ever thought about becoming an online poker professional? This may sound a bit far fetched, but there are people who are enjoying this lifestyle. You can be next if you put your mind to it!
Online Poker Professional Job
When you think of the perfect job what comes to mind? Would you like to stay home all day long? How about make a lot of money on a monthly basis? Most people would agree that the perfect job would pay a lot. And in addition, there is a large majority of people who would also love to work from home. If you fit this mold there are many options for you to choose from. Some of them are better than others, but all in all there are ways that you can accomplish this goal.
An online poker professional is exactly what it sounds like. You play online poker as a job, and the money you win is your income. Some people think of this as a very risky position, whereas others love the overall challenge. Are you up for the pressure of having to win? There may be a lot of pressure to deal with, but remember, the rewards that follow this can be quite large.
Before you decide to become an online poker professional you will have to get prepared. The fact of the matter is that if becoming an online poker professional was easy, everybody would be doing it. Being prepared for this lifestyle is very important to your overall success.
Below are the basic steps that you can follow to become an online poker professional.
1. If you are not good at the game of poker you cannot play online for a living. Remember, you will support yourself with your winnings. And if you are not capable of winning, you will not have the money you need.
2. You need to have the proper equipment in order to get started. This includes a reliable computer and Internet connection, a desk, and a comfortable chair among other items. It is up to you and your personal needs on what you buy.
3. Become a member of an online poker site. When you are searching for a site be sure to keep an open mind. Make sure that you find one that offers a lot of games, varying jackpots, and plenty of members. All of this will ensure that you can keep a steady flow of games on a regular basis.
4. Set a budget before you start to play for the day. When you do this you will never lose more money than you can afford. You do not want to blow the previous days profits by not knowing when to stop. Also, have a winning limit for the day as well. This way if you win a certain amount of money you will stop right away.
5. Remember that even though you are playing online poker for a living, you should also have fun.
These five steps will at least put you on the right track to becoming an online poker professional. Of course there is more to it than this, but in the short term this will get you started.
© Copyright 2006 Online Poker Hangout & Chris Bibey Material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Play over 90 games
[ Back ]