1) Seven-Card Stud, Omaha & Texas Hold ‘Em are 3 popular card room games. 2) Players betting options: 1) bet; or 2) pass (check) no bet made, you stay in the game; 3) call-bet the same as the previous bet or 4) raise the bet.
3) Currently, Texas Hold ‘Em is the most popular card game where the dealer deals out two cards face down one at a time to each player.
4) Hold ‘Em: After all players receive their two cards, there is a round of betting where players can either call, raise, or fold. Checking is not allowed on this round, (called blind betting).
5) Hold ‘Em: The dealer now deals three cards face up in the center of the table called the ‘flop’. Another round of betting begins.
6) Hold ‘Em: There is fourth card placed face-up on the table followed by a betting round.
7) Hold ‘Em: The fifth and final card is placed by the dealer face-up in the middle of the table, and this is the final round of betting.
8) Hold ‘Em: Players choose their best five-card hand among seven cards. The winning hand is the highest poker hand.
All serious online poker players should read this comprehensive article, detailing the most important points to consider to gain a winning edge in the online poker arena
9) Texas Hold ‘Em Strategy: continue playing with strong starting cards if first two cards are two aces, two kings and/or two queens.
10) Texas Hold ‘Em Strategy: Other possible strong starting cards are: A-K or A-Q suited.
11) Texas Hold ‘Em Strategy: Look for lower cards in the flop than the rank of your pair.
12) Holding a ‘lock hand’ likely to win, requires a strategy to keep as many players in the pot as long as possible to build your win.